This article discusses in detail all that you need to know about the borderline personality disorder test. You can take a free personality test that uses the latest advancements in artificial intelligence to get detailed insights into your personality.
Do you feel lost or overwhelmed by negative emotions? Do you experience unstable relationships or careers? Read on to know more about these feelings of emptiness and agitation.
Every individual has a unique reaction to different situations in life. Personality tests are designed to measure the dominant traits of a person.
These assessments help in judging how a person will react in certain situations and diagnose certain mental conditions.
One of these tests is the borderline personality disorder test. This test comprises a series of questions to determine whether a person is suffering from BPD or not.
What Is a Borderline Personality Disorder Test?
The BPD test was introduced to verify whether a person is showcasing symptoms of a borderline personality.
Each question is presented with four multiple choices and the option selected by the person performing the test determines their state of mind and reaction during certain situations.
The diagnosis of this mental disorder is very important as it leads to treatment. Solving a borderline personality test is the easiest method for figuring out any issues related to mental health.
You can also take this test for your loved ones and select answers based upon how they would react in certain situations. The test results can be presented to a psychiatrist so that treatment can be initiated.
Format of a BPD Test
The number of questions in these tests can vary. It takes almost 5 minutes to complete the test.
It’s mandatory to select one option in response to each question. The multiple choices followed by each question include the following options:
- Strongly disagree
- Strongly agree
Borderline personality disorder test example questions
A few examples of questions included in a borderline personality disorder test include:
- I sometimes feel the urge to drive recklessly, consume drugs, gamble, or spend money recklessly.
- I feel empty all the time.
- I feel extremely paranoid when someone abandons me and I space out and disconnect from everyone around.
- Sometimes I idealize people too early and share intimate details with them even on a first meeting.
- Sometimes I feel extremely bitter, harsh, and sarcastic and it’s difficult to control this anger.
- My goals, values, and career goals keep shifting from one choice to another abruptly.
- My mood shifts between extreme anxiety, depression, and irritability in a few hours or days.
- I feel afraid that people around me will abandon me and it makes me feel frantic.
- My romantic relationships are very intense but they are not stable at all.
- My negative feelings affect my ability to go to school, work, get along with friends and family, or maintain a relationship.
Take a free borderline personality test on our website and get to know your score in a few minutes.
Borderline Personality Disorder
A borderline personality disorder is a type of mental illness in which a person experiences unstable emotions. They change their goals, likes & dislikes frequently and find it hard to maintain a long-term romantic relationship.
The person with this condition constantly feels like being on a roller coaster. They experience overwhelming emotions and are extremely sensitive.
They react insanely even to small things and find it difficult to calm down after a difficult situation. This emotional turmoil leads to reckless behavior which drives away close relationships.
The overwhelming emotions prevent a person from thinking straight and often, they say hurtful things to others. Suffering from a borderline personality disorder is a never-ending circle of negative emotions that make one feel trapped.
Symptoms and Causes of BPD
The borderline disorder negatively impacts your self-confidence, interpersonal skills and makes you feel isolated.
The symptoms of BPD include:
- Taking extreme measures to avoid separation from a real or imaginary partner. These people intensely feel that they will be abandoned
- They have unstable relationships that don’t last long. One day they idealize a person and the next day they feel that the same person is cruel and doesn’t care
- They shift from one goal to another very quickly and experience swift shifts in self-identity and self-image. They often picture themselves as if they don’t exist
- Loss of contact with their surroundings for a few minutes or a few hours
- Experience periods of extreme depression and paranoia
- Getting involved in impulsive and risky activities like reckless driving, gambling, unprotected sex, drug consumption, stress eating, destroying success by resigning from a job suddenly, or calling off a relationship
- Injuring themselves in fear of getting abandoned by people around them
- Experiencing suicidal thoughts
- Mood swings that last for hours or days. Feelings of extreme irritability, happiness, anxiety, or shame
- Feeling empty
- Intense anger over small things. Inappropriate behaviors like getting into physical fights, sarcasm, bitterness, or abuse
There can be several causes for a person to suffer from borderline personality illness. These include:
Environmental factors can lead to this disorder. For example, if a child is abused or neglected during the early years, it can harm their personalities and lead to impulsive behavior.
According to some researchers, it has been established that some mental disorders can be inherited from family members. Twins can also adopt such illnesses.
If certain areas of the human brain change due to some reason, it can lead to aggression, impulsiveness, and emotional outburst.
Due to these structural changes, the brain chemicals stop working correctly and mood is no longer regulated as it should be.
People who are at a higher risk of suffering from BPD include:
People with close relatives who suffer from borderline personality issues are at a higher risk of feeling emotionally unstable and reckless.
Children who are physically or emotionally abused, neglected, separated from their loved ones can suffer from this disorder.
Kids with drug addict parents and living in households with conflicts can also experience over-sensitive emotions.
The BPD tests on our websites have been designed using artificial intelligence so that the questions can help you determine your mental health by solving a simple 5-min test.
Types of Borderline Personality Disorder
The several types of borderline personality disorder include the following:
- Impulsive borderline personality disorder
- Discouraged borderline personality disorder
- Self-destructive borderline
- Petulant borderline
Diagnosis and Treatment of BPD
The initial phase in the diagnosis of a BPD is to take the borderline personality disorder test. The test results will determine whether you need to visit a doctor for further treatment or not.
The treatment of BPD requires a positive approach, support, and consultation with the right doctor. The process involves breaking patterns of negative thinking, reckless behavior, and depressive thoughts.
It involves activities in which the person needs to pause and reflect on how they can feel better and more focused. It takes some time to form new habits but once it’s done, it becomes easier to maintain your emotional balance.
Final Thoughts on Borderline Personality Disorder Test
Suffering from BPD is a huge setback in your personal and professional life. Taking a borderline personality disorder test is extremely significant in taking a step towards getting better and improving your mental health.